Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
leo swears a lot
and nico covers hazel’s ears and says “watch the language, there are little ones here”
and percy says “yeah, watch it” and covers nico’s
meanwhile frank covers his own
i’m so sorry i HAD to (andicouldn’tevenFrank)
Annabeth Chase art by viria
"what’s up everybody it’s Cr1TiKaL, I’ve just been elected President of the United States, let’s do this shit."
Harry Potter au where Harry didn’t lose being a parsletongue and Albus buys a snake as a pet one year because snakes are cool and one day just walks in on Harry and the snake having a deep conversation
Albus is 17 and loses his virginity in his room and forgets the snake talks to his dad and when Harry gets home the snake is all like OH MY GOSH YOU’D NEVER GUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT HAPPENED
ive been meaning to make work-related comics forever, so enjoy some choice movie title bastardizations.
(these all actually, seriously, happened, with no humor or awareness on the part of the customer at the time as far as I could tell. so, yes, someone actually asked for a ticket to “Detergent” with a straight face.)
This is literally everyday people at the theatre
I believe it’s PJO friendship week?
Nico expresses his feelings by staring intently at people :)
(I know, I know, these two are siblings, but that doesn’t preclude them being friends. Lots of siblings don’t even like each other, but despite not growing up together Hazel and Nico formed this beautiful, unshakeable friendship. I love how they’re a little bit hesitant, and not quite sure how to act around the other, but they’d risk their lives for each other without question and they’re just really precious and adorable <3)
Hazel and Nico are from the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
Groot suddenly reunites with his long lost great-grandfather, Treebeard!
when u make a joke only u and ur friend get
Artist’s interpretations of the Percy Jackson crew. Blood of Olympus in October! Who’s excited?